Seven Dollar Smoothies & Trips Home



Because my husband is traveling the entire week for work, I decided to go home to San Diego for the week to get a little bit of help with the kids and enjoy some time with my family. 

Clearly, I need all the help I can take.  The morning we left, Human #1 began having “learning opportunities” at about 4:00 am.  Yay.  After much rallying, I produce a special breakfast in the airport – a $7.00 peanut butter and banana smoothie that she was pretty excited about.  She takes one sip.  She now only wants water.  That is parenting – right there.

I digress.

Returning to my hometown always feels like a form of nostalgic cleansing.  I love where I live now, but home is always invariably home.  I miss the scenery and the greenery.  And rain, in San Diego, is necessary and cathartic.

I read something interesting the other day and it pains me that I cannot find the exact quote to properly credit and share with you all.  But the quote went something like this:

There are a thousand stories all around us at any time. 
Most people don’t see any. 
A good writer can maybe spot six.

That thought keeps playing in my head.  Am I seeing the inspiration around me?  I’d like to think so.  But it certainly won’t happen without my paying attention.  A change in scenery certainly brings awareness to points of inspiration.  

Can I spot six stories here at home?  Our trip certainly started off with one!

Through keeping my eyes peeled and a little bits of encouragement from a friend to stay at it, just maybe I’ll see five more.





#writingjourney #sandiego #stories #inspiration #picturebooks #kidlit #anitavp


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waking Up Early

Worth The Listen: Simple Families Podcast

Project Time