These Books Apply to Parenting… Right?



The other morning, I actually googled “how to break a horse,” genuinely wondering if I could apply the same principles to tame my very strong willed almost-four-year-old firecracker.  I kid you not.  Alas, the application is limited.  (I now pat her mane nicely when I first see her.)

Nonetheless, that sparked a thought in my mind: I surely cannot be the first person to have wondered this.  I also cannot be the first person to wonder if some books are actually parenting books, masquerading as “regular books” under the guise of other topics:

-          The Prince
-          How To Train Your Dragon
-          The Art of War
-          War and Peace
-          Les Misérables
-          Animal Farm
-          Crime and Punishment
-          Persuasion
-          Don Quixote

Perhaps soon my little imagined-to-be princess will learn this fox can spot the traps, her dad is actually my friend, and that even though she feels like life can be a little misérable, she’s not taking over this farm any time soon! 

I’m of course just kidding... as those who know me can vouch that I love my dragon more than anything!











#readmore #anitavp #motherofdragon #parenting #strongwilledchild #Englishnerd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waking Up Early

Worth The Listen: Simple Families Podcast

Project Time