The Beauty of a Focused and Determined Young Mind




I really like the photo above because I feel like it shows a different side to my child.  I see this serious side in her, regularly and consistently.  Observant.  Determined.  Focused. 

In the ever-growing, ever-present world of social media, especially for those of us who “mom,” the photos loitering about seem to be nothing but picture-perfect smiles.  Cheese.

Now, don’t get me wrong, I like those too.  I perhaps like smiling, ideal children more than anything.  I work SO hard to get that perfect shot, where their eyes gleam and their cheeks beam.  “Look here, look at mommy, yes, look at the camera, [indistinguishable attention-getting sounds].”

What I also like is capturing her complete persona.  She, like a multifoliate rose, is beautifully complex and deep.  Beyond only seeing the gloriously happy, Disneyland-day, bubbliness, I appreciate that she has sides of her that are focused and determined.  She is a hard worker and adore seeing the different kind of twinkle in her eye when she is honing in on something novel.  Her vocabulary is impressive and continually growing.  Diligently pursuing the material in front of her, she tackles each bit of new information.  Words like “observant” and “analytical” might be big for someone who is only four; yet in an age appropriate way, she is completely those things.

I can take little to no credit for any of this.  This is just simply a facet her God-created self.  But this side of her certainly is beautiful, inwardly and outwardly – and I’ll celebrate that!











#AnitaVP #beautiful #Human#1 #4yearsold #focused #determined #learnnewthings #nofilter #parenting 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waking Up Early

Worth The Listen: Simple Families Podcast

Project Time