Treasure in Taos



We decided last minute (read this Wednesday) to come to Taos this weekend.  Checking New Mexico off of our bucket list simultaneously provided a much-needed escape.  I adore spontaneous adventure and exploration, so this just tickles me with delight.

Taos, set in the northern high desert of New Mexico, is known for its community of artists – and it is so pleasantly apparent upon arrival!  The beautiful adobe buildings contrasted with the turquoise trim, no less in glorious spring, are clearly the inspiration for many talented folks!

While I think that my talents probably lie mostly in the realm of words, my repressed Inner Bohemian just couldn’t get enough of all of the art, textiles, pottery, etc. etc.  I’m feeling so fortunate to be able to take home a little gem from Taos home with me.





There’s something to be said for buying goods actually from where ever it is that you’re visiting.  I find myself dismayed whenever shops purport something as “being local”, only to have the flipside of the tag read “Made in China.”  Today, I had the pleasure of meeting the artist (@Matthew4077) who created the inlaid bowl with his son.  It’s made with love and stupendously unique – sounds perfect to me!

So in summation here are my Friday evening thoughts for you:
-        -  Travel more
-        -  Buy local
-        -  Collect what sings to your soul


-        -  And add New Mexico to your bucket list, too!


#AnitaVP #spontaneous #travel #travelmore #inspiration #musings #taos #newmexico #art #buylocal


Check out Taos Sacred Vessels at instagram.com/matthew4077


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waking Up Early

Worth The Listen: Simple Families Podcast

Project Time