The Best Little Helpers



The article entitled Toddlers Want to Help and We Should Let Them is a thoughtful look at why and how to involve our best little helpers in daily work.

As a parent, it can be so easy to miss a child’s genuine desire to be involved and even easier to want to be wholly “in control” of a task.  Peter Gray Ph.D. also reminds parents to assume positive intent and avoid cajoling or bargaining for help.  Beyond that, I’ll let the article speak for itself and tell you to just go read it.

Human #1 is an exceedingly good helper with laundry (as well as with many other things).  Makes me wonder in what other areas should I be relinquishing control and increasing my patience!  (Human #2 better get ready – I’ll be calling his number soon!)



#AnitaVP #parenting #littlehelpers #toddlers #psychology #letitgo





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waking Up Early

Worth The Listen: Simple Families Podcast

Project Time