Cup o’ Tea: Cold Brewed Linguistics




This really super article from Quartz, Tea if by sea, cha if by land: Why the world only has two words for tea, is a neat little breakdown of the etymology of the word “tea.”

Let me just say this: I don’t always nerd out, but when I do, I prefer dos "chai teas".

Consider this your very digestible, afternoon lesson in world history and linguistics combined into one!  Definitely worth your read.  I love knowing (and sharing) cool facts about language and its evolution over time. 

Right about now, I could go for a good chai tea latte – although telling you that may be a bit redundant. *wink*






#AnitaVP #lingustics #nerd #lingusiticsfun #chai #tea #chaitealatte


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waking Up Early

Worth The Listen: Simple Families Podcast

Project Time