Work in Progress: When I Move



The proverbial ‘they’ say that job change, having a baby, and moving are some of the most stressful things in life.  So why not pack that all into the span of less than 12 months, right?  Sure – I’m not crazy.  I’m totally crazy.  Just yesterday, I marveled at the fact that I’m lucky my head is attached at the neck or I would surely misplace it.  It’s also a wonder I’ve not fallen sick with all that’s going on over here.

Nonetheless, I’m working my heinie off to help aid for smoother transition for my kids.  So what would my gut reaction be to do to help with that transition: write a new manuscript around the concept, of course!  At the moment, it’s titled WHEN I MOVE.  I’m looking to create something to help Human #1 develop a healthy internal monologue regarding the move.  Inspired by the narrative voice of books like IN MY ROOM, I’m stepping out of my comfort zone and writing something from a first-person point of view.

And gosh, darn it, this silly picture book manuscript makes me emotional.  Those who know me would say that I don’t really ‘do’ feelings (and I’m better at being direct, analytical, and Vulcan).  There’s a certain irony in the fact that I’m writing books to ease emotions for my kid, whilst it riles up emotion in me.  *sigh*

A preview snippet for you:

            My mom explained that just like the seasons change
– beautiful Spring warms up into glorious Summer –
so, we will find ourselves in different houses for different seasons of life.












#AnitaVP #amwriting #picturebook #moving #mixedemotions




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Waking Up Early

Worth The Listen: Simple Families Podcast

Project Time